Online live (synchronous) sessions from 16:00 to 21:00 (Madrid time zone).
Click here to see the full Program
- Types of data acquisition.
Collecting CT scans & Surface Scans.
– Demonstration of Stratovan Checkpoint.
Brief Review of Fundamentals of
– How to choose landmarks.
– Generalized Procrustes Analysis.
– Other types of alignment.
– Thin plate spline warping.
Processing Microscribe data.
– Using DVLR to merge two views.
– Using resample to resample a line.
Using Landmark Editor to collect data on
– Sliding semi-landmarks (using R
How to do a precision test on 3D data.
Data exploration: PCA analyses.
– Using MorphoJ.
– Between-group PCAs.
– PCAs in Procrustes form space.
Visualizing shape change.
– Using MorphoJ in conjunction with Landmark Editor.
– Making calculations and visualizing shape
changes in PCA morphospace.
– Calculating PCA scores post hoc.
Data exploration: Regressions.
– Visualizing change that is associated with
Data exploration: PLS analyses.
– Using MorphoJ to mean center (or not).
– Visualizing shape change in Landmark
Data interpretations: Using mean
configurations (PAST) and Procrustes
– Minimum spanning trees.
– Variability within a sample (comparing fossil)
Programs that we will use:
– DVLR (free).
– Landmark Editor (free).
– MorphoJ (free).
– PAST (free).
– R (free, only for sliding semilandmarks, no
previous knowledge is required).
– Microsoft Excel.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until October 31st, 2021):
- 525 €
(420 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after October 31st, 2021):
- 658 €
(526.4 € for Ambassador
- Price is VAT included.
After registration you will receive confirmation of your acceptance in the course. Payment is not required during registration.