Online live sessions from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT+2, Madrid time zone).
This course is entitled to teach the main concepts of shape analysis based on threedimensional landmark coordinates. In this course, you will learn to manipulate 3D models and use them to collect landmark data, take measurements, and to quantify and visualize the main differences in shape.
Graduate or postgraduate degree in Biomedical, Life or Earth Sciences, basic knowledge of statistics. Basic knowledge of Geometric Morphometrics is recommended.
All participants must have a personal computer (Windows), with webcam if possible, and a good internet connection.
Click here to see the full Program
- Types of data acquisition.
Collecting CT scans & Surface Scans.
– Demonstration of Stratovan Checkpoint.
Brief Review of Fundamentals of
– How to choose landmarks.
– Generalized Procrustes Analysis.
– Other types of alignment.
– Thin plate spline warping.
Processing Microscribe data.
– Using DVLR to merge two views.
– Using resample to resample a line.
Using Landmark Editor to collect data on
– Sliding semi-landmarks (using R
How to do a precision test on 3D data.
Data exploration: PCA analyses.
– Using MorphoJ.
– Between-group PCAs.
– PCAs in Procrustes form space.
Visualizing shape change.
– Using MorphoJ in conjunction with Landmark Editor.
– Making calculations and visualizing shape
changes in PCA morphospace.
– Calculating PCA scores post hoc.
Data exploration: Regressions.
– Visualizing change that is associated with
Data exploration: PLS analyses.
– Using MorphoJ to mean center (or not).
– Visualizing shape change in Landmark
Data interpretations: Using mean
configurations (PAST) and Procrustes
– Minimum spanning trees.
– Variability within a sample (comparing fossil)
Programs that we will use:
– DVLR (free).
– Landmark Editor (free).
– MorphoJ (free).
– PAST (free).
– R (free, only for sliding semilandmarks, no
previous knowledge is required).
– Microsoft Excel.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until March 31st, 2021):
- 525 €
(420 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after March 31st, 2021):
- 658 €
(526.4 € for Ambassador
- Price is VAT included.
After registration you will receive confirmation of your acceptance in the course. Payment is not required during registration.