Online live sessions from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 (GMT+1, Madrid time zone), plus 10 hours of participants working on their own on assignments exercises between the live sessions.
Check the full Program here
Training in the biological sciences, preferably evolutionary biology. Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of R and must have a personal computer (Windows, Mac, Linux). The use of a webcam and headphones is strongly recommended, as well as a good internet connection.
- Intro to R and phylogenies
- How to read and use phylogenies
- A short history of historical biogeography methods and assumptions
- Likelihood-based statistical model choice
- Phylogenetic biogeography
- New probabilistic models for historical biogeography in BioGeoBEARS.
- Using BioGeoBEARS and interpreting results.
- Biogeographical stochastic mapping.
- Including geographical and environmental distance in models.
- Integrating biogeography with traits — trait-dependent dispersal
- Running analyses over multiPhylo objects (posterior distribution) and interpreting results.
- State-dependent Speciation/Extinction models (SSE) basics in R
- State-dependent Speciation/Extinction models (SSE) for large biogeography problems in Julia
- Integrating GIS & paleogeography data (e.g. GPlates)
Help session for student projects.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until January 31st, 2022):
- 520 € *
(416 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after January 31st, 2022):
- 590 € *
(472 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- The price is VAT inclusive.
After registration you will receive confirmation of your acceptance on the course. Payment is not required during registration.