This course will be delivered ONLINE: 20 hours of online live lessons, plus 10 hours of assignments. A good internet connection is required to follow the course.
Training in the biological sciences, preferably evolutionary biology. Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of R and must have a personal computer (Windows, Mac, Linux). The use of a webcam and headphones is strongly recommended, as well as a good internet connection.
- Intro to R and phylogenies
- How to read and use phylogenies
- A short history of historical biogeography methods and assumptions
- Likelihood-based statistical model choice
- Phylogenetic biogeography
- New probabilistic models for historical biogeography in BioGeoBEARS.
- Using BioGeoBEARS and interpreting results.
- Biogeographical stochastic mapping.
- Including geographical and environmental distance in models.
- Integrating biogeography with traits — trait-dependent dispersal
- Running analyses over multiPhylo objects (posterior distribution) and interpreting results.
- State-dependent Speciation/Extinction models (SSE) basics in R
- State-dependent Speciation/Extinction models (SSE) for large biogeography problems in Julia
- Integrating GIS & paleogeography data (e.g. GPlates)
Help session for student projects.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until October 31st, 2020):
- 520 € *
(468 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after October 31st, 2020):
- 620 € *
(496 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- The prices are VAT included.
* Participants from companies/industry will have an extra charge of 100 €.