This course will be delivered ONLINE: 21 hours of online live lessons, and 14 hours of participants working on their own, with tutored exercises. A good internet connection is required to follow the course.
This course is designed as an introduction to organic 3D modelling with the software ZBrush (Pixologic) and is addressed at science researchers, communicators and professionals who want to learn to virtually sculpt 3D models of organic structures and who aim at incorporating computer-generated 3D graphics to their skills and workflow.
The course will be focused on the basics of 3D graphics management, the main interface and functionalities of ZBrush and the basic workflow of organic 3D modelling.
This course is of intermediate level, elemental knowledge in some form of graphic art (illustration, design, sculpture, computer graphics, etc) is recommended.
All participants must have a pen tablet and a computer with Pixologic ZBrush installed. Trial license for this software can be found here. The free version of ZBrush does not contain all the applications that would be used during the course, therefore if you have a free version you will need the trial anyway.
Webcam and a good internet connection, as well as basic experience with personal computers are strongly recommended.
- Introduction to ZBrush
- 3D basics: 3D space, polygons, vertices & meshes.
- Presenting ZBRush: what makes this software unique?
- First steps inside ZBrush: working in a 3D space, user interface, basic functionalities, managing ZBrush files.
- Starting to sculpt in ZBrush: basic workflow.
- Main tools in ZBRush
- The Brush.
- Masks and selections.
- Advanced tools and techniques in ZBrush
- Advanced Brushes & Insert Brushes: InsertMesh, ArrayMesh, NanoMesh, Fibermesh.
- Live Boolean.
- 3D modelling in ZBrush: ZModeler.
- Hard Surface sculpting in ZBrush.
- Sculpting workflow in ZBrush
- Managing polygon count and topology in ZBrush: Subdivisions, Dynamesh, Sculptris, Retopology.
- Main sculpting workflow: from primary volumes to high frequency details.
- Model posing techniques.
- Final steps: coloring, texturizing & rendering in ZBrush.
- Exporting ZBrush models: UVs & maps, decimation, export formats, other texturing & rendering softwares.
- 3D sculpting applied to Science
- Sculpting with references in ZBrush: importing reference images and 3D models, ZGrid.
- Measurements and scale in ZBrush
- Other 3D software for scientific subjects
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until December 31st, 2020):
- 456 € *
(364.8 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after December 31st, 2020):
- 560 € *
(448 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Price is VAT included.