Spain – Barcelona (Capellades)
Can Carol Rural House
How to get there
Capellades, Barcelona, Spain
From the airport to Barcelona
The drive takes 35 minutes and costs about 6 €.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TRAIN COMPANIES
Two main train companies and one subway company operate in Barcelona city:
FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya). This one is the company you should take to go to Capellades.
Renfe Cercanías (Rodalies Barcelona in Catalan).
In some cases, they may share train stations. Please be aware of this when asking for directions to local people and buying tickets, as you may get wrong directions if not indicating which train company you want to take.
FROM BARCELONA CITY TO CAPELLADES
- If you are coming by train to Barcelona, once in Barcelona Sants station, take the green line of the subway (L3 headed to Trinitat Nova) to Espanya subway stop.
- Once you are in Plaza Espanya, go to the FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya) train station and take the train line R6 (headed to Igualada) to Capellades train stop.
From Espanya it takes about one hour and a half to arrive at Capellades. The place of the course is about 25 minutes walking from the Capellades train stop.
If you plan to come by train each day it is convenient to buy a T10 (4 zones) that is a special card with 10 trips that allows you to transfer and get the bus for free.
- If you have the Accommodation Package and missed the meeting point be aware that the last train from Barcelona Espanya to Capellades is at 22:00. Taxis from the airport may cost about 100 €.
If you have chosen the Accommodation Package, transport from the centre of Barcelona city to Capellades is included. This will take place the evening before the first day of the course and the meeting point will be Plaza Catalunya (Catalunya Square) in Barcelona city.
If you arrive early in the day there is a locker near Plaza Catalunya where you can keep your luggage until the scheduled bus.
Where to stay near the Venue
If you do not want to take the accommodation package, there are a few options nearby. You will find them listed below.
The line R6 of FGC stops in Capellades. Please be aware that the train station in Capellades is outside the village, and you will have to take the bus that connect it with the center.
Hotel Tall de Conill
Martorell is located between Barcelona city and Capellades. The city is located at 38 km from Barcelona and 37 minutes by train.
The train from Martorell to Capellades takes about 33 minutes to arrive.
There are 3 train stations in Martorell: Martorell Enllaç, Martorell Central and Martorell Vila. You should take the line R6 (headed to Igualada) in any of them to Capellades train stop.
Hotels in Martorell:
- Hotel Ciutat Martorell; located at 5 minutes walking from the FGC train station Martorell Central.
- Hotel Manel; located at 13 minutes walking from the FGC train station Martorell Central.
There are too some Airbnb options.
La Pobla de Claramunt
From La Pobla de Claramunt train station is only one train stop to Capellades (R6 headed Barcelona).
Hotels in La Pobla de Claramunt:
- Hotel Robert; located at 6 minutes walking from the FGC train station La Pobla de Claramunt.
Igualada is located at 13 km from Capellades in eastern direction and 67 km from Barcelona city. Igualada is the capital and central market of the Anoia comarca. The train from Igualada to Capellades takes about 13 minutes to arrive.
Hotels in Igualada:
- America Hotel Igualada; located at 22 minutes walking from the FGC train station Igualada.
- Apartments Ramblanova; located at 17 minutes walking from the FGC train station Igualada.
There are too some Airbnb options.