For motivated, intelligent people with purpose, the challenge in public speaking is not finding what to say, but finding a relaxed, focused and engaging way to say it.
Staying grounded in yourself and connected with your audience is the key to having a successful impact in public speaking, and this is increasingly true in the noisy, competitive environment of scientific research.
Traditional presentation training attempts to build speaker capacity through working on externals like body posture and vocal projection. This workshop includes these elements but also works at a deeper level to help participants build genuine confidence on the inside.
Through a sequence of exercises inspired by Speaking Circles®, Non-violent Communication, and Mindfulness practices, participants learn to relax into the role of speaker, seeing and being seen by a group, and speak from a place of deep trust in themselves and the value of their research.
At this workshop you will learn to:
- Communicate your research more effectively and with more impact
- Strengthen core confidence and ‘presence’ as a speaker
- Build on and practice the English language of presentation
- Learn strategies for managing Q+A and discussions after a talk
- Engage and inspire audiences on a whole new level
All participants must have a personal computer (Windows, Macintosh), with webcam if possible, and a good internet connection.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until September 30th, 2022):
- 656 €
- Regular (after September 30th, 2022):
- 780 € *
- The price is VAT included.
After registration you will receive confirmation of your acceptance in the course. Payment is not required during registration.