This course will be delivered ONLINE: 20 hours of online live lessons, plus 6 hours of participants working on their own, with tutored exercises. A good internet connection is required to follow the course.
Graduate or postgraduate degree in Biomedical or Life Sciences. All participants must bring their own personal laptop with the following software installed: Putty (Windows only), Filezilla and Komodo Edit. Webcam and headphones are strongly recommended, and a good internet connection.
- Introduction to NGS sequencing platforms.
- Introduction to basic command lines.
- Basic raw data manipulations (counting sequences, listing files).
- Raw data QC & Cleaning.
- Introduction to TOGGLe, a NGS pipeline framework.
- Mapping: principle, tools, execution.
- Mapping: cleaning, data control, realigning, duplicates marking.
- SNP calling: raw calling, cleaning calling, filtering.
- VCF manipulations: filtering on MAF, heterozygosity…
- Impact of SNPs on genes.
- Population genomics using sNMF.
- Context-based analyses.
- Piping large scale analyses for multiple samples using TOGGLe.
- Testing new tools and different conditions to answer different biological questions.
- Course Fee
- Early bird (until November 30th, 2020):
- 475 € *
(380 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Regular (after until November 30th, 2020):
- 575 € *
(460 € for Ambassador Institutions)
- Prices are VAT included.
* Participants from companies/industry will have an extra charge of 100 €.